Planning and research
We educate ourselves to better understand your objectives, your audiences and their behaviours. Our methods include:
- Feedback and inspiration gathering.
- Data analysis to inform customer behaviour.
- Eye tracking.
- Stakeholder workshops to focus on solving problems.
- Scenario development to ensure those problems are solved.
- Design goals documentation to inform and educate
Appearance and aesthetics
Based on feedback, collaboration and accounting for important elements such as brand guidelines, we experiment early with design concepts, colour, style variations and work on:
- Early sketches and prototypes.
- Style tiles - focused on aesthetics, not structure.
- Typography - often overlooked in web usability.
- HTML mock-ups so you can truly interact with the design.
- Making better landing pages for your customers.
Layout and structure
This is where we begin our journey of how your website will behave on different devices, considering how web page elements will stack, reorder and appear using the following techniques:
- Wireframe design - focused on structure, not aesthetics.
- Understanding content importance and establishing hierarchy.
- Helping define a sensible and customer focused information architecture.
- First click testing to gather early feedback and monitor interaction.
Putting it all together
Our UX Designers work closely with our crack Development and Testing team to ensure the server side technology we use is the best and the stuff we make works flawlessly.